Welcome to BrownThomas.com. By using this website you agree to be bound by the Terms and Conditions set out below. If you do not agree to these Terms and Conditions in their entirety please leave this website.
The www.BrownThomas.com website is provided solely for your personal use. You may not use this website for any commercial purpose.
References in these Terms and Conditions to “we”, “us” and “Brown Thomas” are to Brown Thomas Group Limited with registration number 1407, Registered Address: 92 Grafton Street, Dublin 2, Ireland
1. Merchandise/Pricing Policy
1.1 The material displaced is provided by way of information only, except in relation to the description of goods available to purchase online.
1.2 The information and materials contained in this website are provided without warranties of any kind, either express or implied, and liability is excluded to the fullest extent permissible under Irish Law.
1.3 All prices are inclusive of VAT (where applicable) at the rate appropriate to the country of receipt, where within the EU, and are correct at the time of entering the information on to the system. Prices may change and offers may be withdrawn at any time.
1.4 Although we try to ensure all our prices displayed on our website are accurate, errors may sometimes occur. If we discover an error in the price of an item you have ordered we will contact you as soon as possible. You will have the option to reconfirm your order at the correct price or cancel it. If we are unable to contact you, we will treat your order in respect of the incorrectly priced item as cancelled.
1.5 Brown Thomas endeavours to ensure that all merchandise offered on the website is available at the same price in all our stores. However, from time to time we may offer additional discounts for purchases online from www.Brown Thomas.com that do not apply in stores, or vice versa. Additionally, items offered as sets on this site may not be offered as part of a set within stores and individual prices may apply.
2. Copyright Policy
2.1 The information, content, graphics, text, sound, images, buttons, trade marks, service marks, trade names and logos (the “Materials”) contained in this website are protected by copyright, trade mark, database right, sui generis right and other intellectual property laws under national laws and international treaties.
2.2 Copyright and other intellectual property rights in any communications, ideas, or other materials submitted or offered to us by you through, on or by this website, unless specifically requested by us, shall become our property. You agree that submissions by you to this website must not risk infringing any right of any third party and in addition, you agree that no submissions by you to this website will be or contain libellous or otherwise unlawful, abusive or obscene material or constitute an invasion of privacy. As such, you are and shall remain solely responsible for the content of any submissions you make to the website.
2.3 You acknowledge and agree that the material and content contained within this website is made available for your personal non-commercial use only and that you may only download such material and content for the purpose of using this website. Accordingly, we suggest that you do not use the Brown Thomas website to (and agree not to assist or facilitate any third party to) copy, reproduce, transmit, publish, display, distribute, commercially exploit or create derivative works of such material and content.
2.4 Nothing contained in these Terms and Conditions shall be construed as conferring any licence or right to use any trade mark, design right or copyright of the Brown Thomas website.
3. Member account, password and security
Registering and using the Brown Thomas website may involve you setting up an account and giving a password. You are fully responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account and the password, and all activities that occur under your account or password. You agree to immediately notify us of any unauthorised use of your account or password and any breach of security or misuse or suspected breach of security or misuse of the service, and ensure that you exit from your account at the end of each session if you use a shared computer. Brown Thomas cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to comply with this Clause 3.
4. Content/Activity Prohibited
4.1 Please choose carefully the information you post on the Brown Thomas website and that you provide to other users. You must not misuse the Brown Thomas website. You will not: send or otherwise post unauthorised commercial communications to users (such as spam); upload viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other malicious code; corrupt data; cause annoyance to others users; post content that is hateful, threatening, pornographic, or that contains nudity or graphic or gratuitous violence; use the Brown Thomas website to do anything unlawful, misleading, malicious or discriminatory; facilitate or encourage any violation of these Terms and Conditions.
4.2 We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to reject, edit or refuse to post any content and to remove any content from the Brown Thomas website, whether or not the content is expressly prohibited by these Terms and Conditions, or to restrict, suspend, or terminate your access to all or any part of the Services at any time, for any or no reason, with or without prior notice, and without liability.
4.3 Brown Thomas community areas are subject to the following Community Area Rules:
- i. Brown Thomas advises you not to reveal any personal information about yourself or anyone else that would allow you to be identified including but not limited to: telephone number, home address, business address, delivery address or email address.
- ii. Brown Thomas reserves the right to close user accounts if we believe a user is using proxy Internet Protocol addresses (IPs) as a method to hide the use of multiple accounts or to disrupt any of our services in any way. If you use multiple logins for the purpose of disrupting the community we may take action against you and close your accounts.
- iii. By submitting any material to us, you automatically grant Brown Thomas a royalty-free, perpetual, exclusive right and license to use, modify, edit, adapt, publish, re-use, translate, distribute, perform and display such material in whole or part worldwide and/or to incorporate it in other works in any form, media, or technology now known or later developed.
- iv. You acknowledge that we are not obliged to publish any material submitted by you.
- v. By submitting any material to us, you agree to use the Brown Thomas website and Community areas in accordance with these Community Area Rules and website Terms and Conditions.
- vi. If you fail to abide by these Community Area Rules you may be sent an email which informs you why your contribution has been refused or edited. This email will also include a warning that continuing to break the rules may result in action being taken against your account or accounts. Action may include any content posted by you being checked before allowed to go on the site or a temporary or permanent suspension of your ability to participate in any or all of the Brown Thomas website.
- vii. Brown Thomas reserves the right to edit or delete any contribution, or take action against any user account, at any time, for any reason.
- viii. If you do not want to grant Brown Thomas the permission set out above on these terms, please do not submit or share your contribution on the Community Area.
5. Liability, Indemnity and Warranties
5.1 The Brown Thomas website is available to all users “as is” without any representations or warranties of any knid, either express or implied. Brown Thomas make no representations, warranties or undertakings about any of the Materials on this website (including without limitation their accuracy, their completeness or their merchantability, quality or fitness for any particular purpose) or any content of or information on any other website referred to or accessed by hypertext link or otherwise through this website or from which this website is referred to or accessed by hypertext link or otherwise.
5.2 Brown Thomas shall not be liable for any direct, special, incidental, indirect or consequential damages including loss of profit or loss of opportunity that result from the use of, or the inability to use, the material on this website, the performance of the product purchased through the website, the conduct of other users of this website and/or facilities or services offered through this website even if Brown Thomas has been advised of the possibility of such damages.
5.3 The Brown Thomas website may also contain links to other websites, which are not operated by Brown Thomas. When you activate any of these you will leave the Brown Thomas website and we have no control over, and will accept no responsibility or liability in respect of, the material on any website which is not under our control.
5.4 You agree to indemnify us and our agents and officers, directors and employees, immediately on demand, against all claims, liability, damages, costs and expenses, including legal fees, arising out of any breach of these Terms and Conditions by you.
5.5 We may terminate your use of the website immediately if we consider that you have breached these Terms and Conditions.
6. Comments and Complaint Procedure
Please contact us if you have any comments or complaints by contacting: firstname.lastname@example.org or Brown Thomas Dublin on +353 (0)1 605 6666, Brown Thomas Cork on + 353 (0)21 480 5555, Brown Thomas Limerick on + 353 (0)61 417 222 or Brown Thomas Galway on + 353 (0)91 565 254. We will always endeavour to resolve any dispute as swiftly as possible.
7. Privacy and use of your data
7.1 The purpose of this statement is to set out how we will use personal information that we may obtain about you. By using this website and/or by registering as a user of any services provided by Brown Thomas on this website you agree to our use of your data as set out herein.
7.2 When you register and use the Brown Thomas website you will be asked to provide certain information such as your contact details. We will store this data and hold it on computers or in manual files. We will use this data to fulfill our agreement with you. Please note that, to provide some of our services, we may require further details from you.
7.3 We will respect your right to privacy. We will treat as confidential all of the personal information you give to us when you register with us using the facility on this website. This includes your name, address, email address, telephone contact number(s), gender, date of birth and whether you are a Brown Thomas MasterCard holder.
7.4 We may use information that you provide or that is obtained by us:
- i. to register you on our website and to administer our website services;
- ii. to administer any prize draws or competitions you may enter;
- iii. for assessment and analysis (e.g. market, customer and product analysis) to enable us to review, develop and improve the services which we offer, and to enable us to provide you with information about our products and services that we think are relevant to you through our marketing activities; and
- iv. to keep you informed of such products and services (including special offers, discounts, offers, competitions and so on) by any of the following methods: email; telephone (including automated calls); SMS text message and other electronic messages such as picture messaging; post; fax or otherwise (including products and services of other companies and organisations) which we consider may be of interest to you. If you do not wish to receive information of such products and services, please tick the opt-out box provided when registering on this website. You will also be offered the opportunity to opt out in future marketing communications.
7.5 We will use internal and external validation and fraud checking systems to verify your identity.
7.6 We will share your data with selected third parties for marketing purposes but only after we have obtained your consent to do so. Where we record your telephone call for marketing purposes or to pass on information to a third party we will ask your consent before doing so. However, we may share non personal aggregate statistical data with third parties.
7.7 We may monitor or record telephone calls without your consent under the following circumstances: to provide evidence of a business transaction; to prevent or detect crime to investigate the unauthorised use of a telecom system; to ensure that a business complies with regulatory procedures; to see that quality standards or targets are being met in the interests of national security; and to secure the effective operation of the telecom system.
7.8 Your Personal Information is protected by the Data Protection Act. You have the right to request in writing a copy of the personal information held by us and to request us to correct any inaccurate information. We may charge a €10 fee for providing the Personal Information to you. Please write to the Data Protection Officer, Brown Thomas Group Limited, 88-95 Grafton Street, Dublin 2.
7.9 You have the right at any time to request us to stop sending you marketing information. Please write to the Data Protection Officer, Brown Thomas Group Limited, 88-95 Grafton Street, Dublin 2.
7.10 If you have any objections to us making such use of your personal data please let us know in writing by contacting the Data Protection Officer, Brown Thomas Group Limited, 88-95 Grafton Street, Dublin 2.
8. Linking to Website
8.1 You must not establish a link to this website to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists or establish a link from any website that is not owned by you.
8.2 Our website must not be framed on any other site, and you may not create a link to any part of this website other than the home page.
The website is controlled and operated in Ireland. Any terms and conditions concerning the usage of this website will be governed by the laws of Ireland and any dispute concerning use of this website will be determined exclusively by the Irish Courts.
10.1 We may change these Terms and Conditions at any time. If any of these Terms and Conditions are invalid or unenforceable, the remainder of these Terms and Conditions shall continue to have full force and effect.
10.2 We will not be responsible to you for any delay or failure to comply with our obligations under these Terms and Conditions if the delay or failure arises from any cause beyond our reasonable control.
10.3 If you breach these Terms and Conditions and we take no action we will still be entitled to use our rights and remedies in other situations where you are in breach.
10.4 Brown Thomas reserves the right to amend, remove or vary the Services and/or any page of this Website at any time and without notice.
11. Entire Agreement
These Terms and Conditions constitute the entire agreement of the parties and supersede any and all preceding and contemporaneous agreements between you and Brown Thomas. Any waiver of any provision of the Terms and Conditions will only be effective if in writing and signed by a Director of Brown Thomas.
12. Our details
Brown Thomas Group Limited, Registered in Ireland with registration number 1407, Registered Address: 92 Grafton Street, Dublin 2, Ireland. Call centre details are email@example.com or Brown Thomas Dublin on +353 (0)1 605 6666, Brown Thomas Cork on + 353 (0)21 480 5555, Brown Thomas Limerick on + 353 (0)61 417 222 or Brown Thomas Galway on + 353 (0)91 565 254.