Your Shopping Bag is Empty
FUN FESTIVAL MAKEUP IDEAS TO TRY
Festival season is in full swing, and with it comes the chance to step out of our beauty comfort zone. From bright pink eyeshadow and glossy lips to bronzed skin and fluffy brows, the Brown Thomas Beauty Style Team gives us the ultimate festival makeup masterclass.
Bright Bold Eyes
If you subscribe to the saying 'more is more,' this look is for you. Painting your eyes, all the way around, with a one-dimensional vivid hue is sure to make you a music festival show-stopper. Here, Brown Thomas Beauty Stylist, Aidan Corcoran, shows us how to recreate the look at home.
This look is bold and beautiful and really lets your eyes do the talking.Aidan Corcoran, Brown Thomas Beauty Stylist.
GET THE LOOK:
- Start by prepping the skin, a good base will ensure your makeup goes the distance and ensure you look fresh all weekend. Augustinus Badar Rich Cream would be my go-to for this. It’s rich in texture but doesn’t leave a residue on the skin meaning your makeup will glide on afterwards. This will make your skin look its best and therefore you won’t need as much foundation, more so some clever concealing!
- Next, I would apply the Charlotte Tilbury Flawless Filter all over the face and marry this with the Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer in places to add a little coverage. A light dusting of Laura Mercier translucent powder will set your base and ensure longevity.
- To add a radiant flush of colour, I would mix two products Bobbi Brown Pot Rouge in Fresh Melon and then I would tap MAC Hush Cream Colour Base on top.
- For the eyes all that’s needed is Dior On Stage Liquid Liner, it comes in lots of colours. There’s a fabulous cobalt blue which would look super cool or a nice burgundy shade if you wanted to keep the look a little more understated. A slick of Mac Stack Mascara will further extenuate the eyes.
- To finish the look, I’d go for the La Mer Lip Balm to hydrate the lips and give a nice healthy shine.
SHOP THE LOOK:
DIOR Diorshow On Stage Liner
AUGUSTINUS BADER THE RICH CREAM
€82.00 - €250.00
CHARLOTTE TILBURY Hollywood Flawless Filter
NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer
LAURA MERCIER Translucent Loose Setting Powder
BOBBI BROWN Pot Rouge For Lips & Cheeks
MAC Cream Colour Base
LA MER The Lip Balm
MAC MACStack Mascara Mega Brush
€16.00 - €30.00
Skin is In
Just because it's a music festival doesn't mean you have to go all out with your makeup. If you want to let your outfit take centre stage, try a subtler - but by no means boring - sun-kissed look. Here, Brown Thomas Beauty Stylist, Elena Costello, shows us how to recreate the look at home.
Nothing says festival more than a paired back natural look. This look is also amazing for a day off when you don’t want to wear anything heavy.Elena Costello, Brown Thomas Beauty Stylist.
GET THE LOOK:
- Start by prepping the skin with Lancôme Renergie Serum, this is a powerhouse serum, full of skin-loving ingredients such as Vitamin C, Niacinimide and Hyaluronic which will help to smooth, brighten and hydrate the skin.
- Next up is a burst of hydration and Clinique’s Moisture Surge Moisturiser is like a drink of water for the skin. It’s lightweight too so won’t feel heavy and as it doesn’t contain any SPF, you can use it at night time too! But that doesn’t mean you should skip that step. SPF is so important to protect your skin against the elements and Skingredients is a firm favourite of mine. Its peachy tint will even out the skin tone, giving your skin a radiant glow.
- For the main event, I would opt for the latest addition to the Nars foundation family. It’s the perfect light-reflecting foundation that will give you buildable coverage and just makes your skin look super healthy. Apply to the centre of the face and blend outwards using the Bobbi Brown Full Coverage Foundation Brush, it does all the work for you.
- For the eyes, Charlotte Tilbury's Peachgasm is the perfect pop of colour and you can swipe across the eye to add a little dimension. Run some Refy Brow Gel through your brows for that soft lived-in look and instantly it draws attention to the eyes! Finish with Charlotte Tilbury Pillow Talk Mascara in the burgundy shade which will give you a subtle look with maximum impact.
- Last but not least, apply the Dior Lip Oil in the shade Rosewood and you are ready to party!
SHOP THE LOOK:
NARS Light Reflecting Foundation
LANCÔME Rénergie H.C.F. Triple Serum
CLINIQUE Moisture Surge™ 100H Auto-Replenishing Hydrator
SKINGREDIENTS Skingredients Skin Shield Moisturising + Priming SPF 50 PA+++ Sunscreen Refillable Primary Pack 73ml
BOBBI BROWN Full Coverage Face Brush
CHARLOTTE TILBURY Beauty Lightwand
REFY Brow Sculpt
CHARLOTTE TILBURY Pillow Talk Push Up Lashes! Mascara
DIOR Dior Addict Lip Glow Oil
If you're struggling with perfecting the above looks or want something different, why not visit Aidan and Elena in-store at Brown Thomas Grafton Street? Our beauty style team are always on hand to assist with any beauty-related queries. From skincare advice and makeup tips and tricks to the best product recommendations for you, book your appointment today.
MORE TO READ
From beautiful bronzers for warming up your complexion to long-lasting lipsticks made with hydrating ingredients, there’s some exciting new beauty launches coming our way this month. Check them out in The Best New Beauty Buys For July.