Your Shopping Bag is Empty
Creamy Butternut Linguine Recipe
The Ultimate Autumnal Comfort Food
Embrace the beginning of the season of comfort with this rich autumnal dish, courtesy of Le Creuset to celebrate the launch of their new Deep Teal range.
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 35 minutes
750g butternut squash, diced
1 white onion, roughly chopped
2 garlic cloves, peeled
2 sage leaves
5 thyme sprigs, leaves picked
½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
Sea salt and cracked black pepper
1 tablespoon oil
400ml vegetable stock, warm
180ml double cream
50g Parmesan cheese
500g fresh linguine
Fresh parsley, roughly chopped to serve
Preheat the oven to 180°C/ 160°C Fan/ Gas Mark 4.
1. Place the diced butternut squash in the Signature Cast Iron Shallow Casserole along with the onion, garlic, sage, thyme and nutmeg. Season with salt and pepper before drizzling over the oil.
2. Give all the ingredients a toss in the oil and then roast in the preheated oven for 20 minutes. After this time, turn the butternut squash and continue to roast for a further 10 minutes (you don’t want to colour the squash, rather just soften).
3. Once the squash is cooked through, remove from the oven and spoon into a blender. Add the stock, cream and Parmesan before blitzing into a smooth, silky sauce.
4. Return the sauce to the casserole and place over a medium to low heat. Add the fresh pasta and warm through until the pasta is cooked- this will take a 3-5 minutes. If the sauce is a little thick, add a splash of warm water.
5. Finish with the roughly chopped parsley.
- Not a fan of pasta? Why not try this dish with spiralized vegetables instead? This would work great with courgetti or even sweet potato pasta.
- Why not try this dish with another seasonal squash - look for squash that is naturally sweet in flavour and smooth in texture, you don’t want anything too fibrous.
- To make it a balanced plate, serve this dish alongside seasonal greens or a winter salad - bitter kale works perfectly with the rich, creamy sauce.
- Don’t have fresh pasta? Simply swap for cooked dried pasta instead.