Your Shopping Bag is Empty
It’s BBQ Night - Summer BBQ Garden Ideas
Warm days, long nights… BBQ season has arrived!
BBQ season is here and we’ve put together some inspiration to make the most of an idyllic summer evening in the garden.
At the heart of any perfect evening is good food. For the best BBQ dining experience, try the Berghoff Ceramic BBQ and Large Oven which allows you to grill, roast, bake and smoke. The ceramic shell has everything you’ve ever wanted from a BBQ, producing high temperatures for searing, roasting and grilling but also low temperatures for smoking.
For BBQ dining inspiration, Le Creuset has provided a delicious spiced salmon with Mexican mango salsa recipe, sure to transport you to sunnier climes.
As a starter, try grilled courgette on toasted sourdough bread. To accompany the salmon, serve with delicious baby boiled potatoes and asparagus. For cookware, look to Stellar and Wusthof for premium crafted timeless designs loved by professionals and home chefs alike.
FOR THE MAIN
Jamaican Jerk Spiced Salmon with Mexican Mango Salsa
by Original Flava
Jerk is an authentic style of cooking in Jamaica and is used to marinate meats and fish on a grill. The spicy Jerk salmon with a cool Mexican-inspired mango salsa creates a dish full of flavour and colour.
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 40 minutes
• 250g mango, diced
• ½ red bell pepper, diced
• 1 small red onion, diced
• 50g Jalapeños diced
• 50g coriander, chopped
• 1 avocado, diced
• diced Juice 1 lime
• 4x140g salmon fillets
• 90g spring onions
• 2 teaspoons black pepper
• 15g fresh thyme
• 5 pimento seeds
• 1 scotch bonnet chilli pepper
• 4 garlic cloves
• 1 teaspoon gravy browning or soy sauce
• 50ml vinegar 50ml water
• 1 teaspoon honey
For the mango salsa:
1. Add all ingredients to a mixing bowl, mix together and then leave to rest in the fridge until you are ready to serve.
For the Jerk-spiced salmon:
1. First, blend all the Jerk ingredients together in a blender to make the marinade.
2. Season the salmon with the Jerk marinade and rest in the fridge for at least an hour.
3. Brush a little vegetable oil onto the grill, then carefully place the salmon on the grill and cook until brown on each side.
4. Garnish the salmon with the mango salsa and serve.
This recipe makes a lot more Jerk spice paste than required. Any leftover marinade can be refrigerated for about 3-4 days to be used to flavour chicken or vegetables or can be frozen in ice cube trays for when you want to repeat the recipe again.
For thirst quenching drinks that look as refreshing as they taste, look to LSA for artisan craftsmanship glassware. To prepare one of these delicious drinks at home, simply use 50ml of gin, topped with tonic and pour over ice cubes. Garnish using a cucumber spiral and sprig of mint.
For the dessert enthusiast, you can’t go wrong with the delicious Peach Melba homemade ice cream recipe, courtesy of Kenwood. The summer fruits and creamy ice-cream are the ultimate summer treat and sure to satisfy any sweet tooth.
Peach Melba Ice-Cream
Preparation time: approx. 1 hour
Serves: Up to 6 people
• 175g raspberries
• 40g icing sugar
• 1kg peaches, peeled and de-stoned
• 150g caster sugar
• 2 tbsp lemon juice
• 400ml double cream
1. You will need to place the bowl of your ice cream maker into the freezer the night before beginning this recipe.
2. Begin by puréeing the raspberries with the icing sugar, then push them through a fine sieve into a bowl. Discard the seeds and chill the purée.
3. Process the peaches with the caster sugar and lemon juice until smooth, then stir in the double cream and chill.
4. Fit the frozen bowl to the ice cream maker and switch on the machine to minimum speed. Pour the peach cream down the funnel of the lid and churn until it resembles freshly whipped cream.
5. Transfer a layer of the peach cream to a freezerproof container, then add a layer of the raspberry purée. Repeat with the remaining peach cream and raspberry purée, then swirl together, using a round bladed knife.
6. Freeze for 2 hours, or until firm enough to scoop.
Create ambiance with beautiful scents that will transport you. For a warm and luxurious fragrance, try Ecoya’s tropical scent inspired by guava, lychee sorbet and a cocktail of berries.
Finally, set the mood with the sound of summer. Stream your summer playlist directly from your phone using the Roberts iStream 3 Smart Radio. Then sit back, relax and enjoy.